The factors in human behaviour that determine whether it is good or bad depend on:
- Individual person.
- Culture or country of an individual.
- Determined by value system, education level, religious beliefs, experiences, work culture etc.
- Ethics in Governance is determined by social, political, economic, judicio-legal, historical or cultural context of the country.
Three determinants of ethics are:
- Object: what someone choose to do or not to do.
- End: The purpose for which the act is performed. It may be the act itself(e.g. sleeping) or some other purpose (e.g. reading to become IAS).
- Circumstances: The elements and environment that surround a human action and affect it.
To be ethically good, a human act must satisfy morality on all these three. Departure from any of these makes the action morally wrong.